Dave A Coyle is our main instructor. He founded the company, after his wife wanted him to put all his experience to good use.
Background and Experience
Many years ago Dave started in the world of youth development. He sees Outdoor and extracurricular education as the 4th dimension to education. Giving young people the gems of learning that are difficult to learn at school or at home. He has developed this to delivering to adults in the form of training courses.
Now he is completely passionate about development and training for not just too young people but to all ages and industries because you are never too old to learn.
After having spent many years in the expedition sector and leader expeditions to many countries and environments. Dave draws on this experience to deliver quality training.
Dave now not only leads expeditions but trains people ready for them and sets them up as well. He advises on everything from what kit to take to certain environments, all the way to risk assessing potential hazards while on expedition. Dave has also got the same sort of learning for young people but closer to home; As the Project Manager for the university of the first age delivering the National Citizen Service within Suffolk
A few Expeds!
- Nepal – Annapurna – Trekking, project work, Chitwan Safari
- Namibia & South Africa – Windhoek to Cape town – Fish River Canyon – Project work – Etosha Safari, rafting Orange River
- Morocco Over the years I have summited Jebel Toubkal twice and done 4 other trekking routes in the Atlas mountains. Plus 2 project sites
- Tanzania (Mt Kilimanjaro) -Kili + Project & Safaris
- Croatia – River Expedition
- Chile -Atacama Desert, Volcano treks, project work.
- Borneo – Jungle, Mt Kinabalu, conservation work.
- India (Himalaya & Rajsthan) -trekking around Zanskar Valley area(17 days), Project.
- Guatemala, Belize & Mexico. – Jungle, Volcano treks, projects
- Thailand – Jungle trekking, project work.
- Peru -Inca trail, Lake Titicaca, Project work.
- Ethiopia – mainly project based
- Summer Mountain Leader Assessed
- Award in Education and Training Lv. 3
- Qualified First Aid Instructor
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Training
- Power boat trained RYA L2
- Water safety Trained
- Incident response trained
- Far from help first aid
- Leadership training at Britannia Royal Naval College
- Jungle Trained
- High Altitude trained
- Expedition leader course
- Multi Activity Instructors award
- Search and Rescue Technician
- Search and Rescue Team Leader
- Search and Rescue Planner (Skills for Justice)
- Search and Rescue Operations (Skills for Justice)
- MIAS Mountain bike
- Internal Quality assessor
- Defra flood first responder
If you have any questions, enquiries, or would just like some more information, please do not hesitate to ask. Contact us today.