If you’re on expedition then you need to enjoy it. It could be a week, a month or longer. Being happy is the key to enjoyment. Here are some pointers to make your life easier!
- Keep clean – Sounds simple but make sure your sweaty parts; namely your Feet, pits and groin are clean and dried properly at least once a day.
- A little piece of home – Have something with you that makes you smile when you look at it. A teddy bear might work, your favourite hoody maybe, one girl I knew took her favourite mascara.
- Drink plenty – Keep the water flowing through you. It does so much for you; it flushes out that stomach bug, it keeps you cool, it makes your skin look good, gets rid of headaches. The secret to drinking water is…. “Little and often”
- Seefood Diet – yeap SEE Food, Not seafood. “See food and eat it!” I have a saying a team member should always be fat and happy. People aren’t happy when they are hungry, they don’t enjoy it and you get nothing out of them. Eat food!
- Slow and steady wins the race! – No rush we are a team, we will get there together. No need to rush your trek or whatever it may be your there to enjoy it.
- Kit – have the right kit, your supplier will have given you a kit list, read it. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about a bit of kit you think might be a good idea to take. You never know you might have hit on an excellent idea.
- Be organised in your….. tent, hostel, hotel, yurt, igloo, barn, hammock, basha where ever you are. For some reason a lot of kit bags have a habit of throwing up and covering whatever space you have, in all you gear. Your gear then takes itself on expedition and gets itself lost. Don’t let it wander off!
- Always have a set of clean dry folded clothes… remember this one you’ll thank me one day!
Follow these simple suggestions and it will make your trip of a life time much more enjoyable.